Waxed cardboard is not recyclable and must be put in the garbage! Waxed products are not recyclable. To determine if something is waxed, just try scraping the surface to see if any wax comes off.
Britannia Beach Curbside Garbage
With bi-weekly curb-side garbage and recycling we are significantly reducing the Municipal Greenhouse Gas Emissions with respect to the delivery of the services on the trucking side, encouraging more participation in recycling thereby diverting waste, and overall any reduction in solid waste and any increase in recycling will improve the Municipal Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions.
All municipal approved dwellings are eligible for bi-weekly pickup of garbage from the curb-side in the 65 Gallon Tote supplied by Carney’s. Please note that lost and damaged garbage totes are replaced at a cost to the homeowner of $180.
All totes/bins are now bear proofed so on collection day you must ensure that you undo the latches on the bear proof tote and attach them to each other. If the latches are not undone, your tote will not be serviced.
Garbage Pickup will be on Tuesdays.
Garbage Odor Control
- Where possible store your garbage tote in a shed, garage or other enclosed structure
- Double bag smelly garbage
- Freeze organic material until disposal
- Add ¼ cup baking soda and ¼ cup of borax to the garbage tote to absorb odours. You can also add a handful of moth balls or use a commercial odour-absorbing product that is usually available at your local hardware store.
- You can take your food scraps/ organics to Carney’s Recycle Centre or the Squamish Landfill Public Depot for composting.
- All garbage must fit into the totes provided and the lids must close completely; no extra material will be collected.
- Larger or extra carts are available for additional fees. Residents who wish to change the size of their totes, or who wish to have additional totes can call Carney’s Waste Systems.
Britannia Beach Curbside Recycling
The system is simple! Just put everything that is accepted (see image below) in one tote and take it to your curbside!
Service is a bi-weekly pickup of recyclable materials from the curb-side for all dwellings that currently receive curb-side residential garbage pickup. The 65 gallon recycling totes have all been distributed. If you do not have one please contact us for delivery. A larger recycling tote is also available (95 gallon) at an extra cost.
- Glass, Styrofoam and Plastic Bags/ Overwrap is NOT part of the curbside recycling program. Please take those materials to your next depot site where bins are provided: Carney's Recycling Centre, 38950 Queensway (Carney’s Waste System) or Squamish Landfill Public Depot, Landfill Rd.
- All items/ containers must be EMPTY and RINSED to be recycled.
- Cans should be rinsed, lids removed and then flattened.
- All recycling must fit into the cart with the lid closed completely.
- Paper & Magazines
- Shredded Paper, must be placed in paper bag
- Corrugated Cardboard / Boxboard
- Rigid Plastics Containers with Codes #1, #2, #4 and #5 - Rinse It
- Milk Jugs/ Milk Cardboard Boxes - Rinse It
- Paper Packaging that contained Liquid (e.g. Soup, Milk Boxes) - Rinse It
- Paper and Plastic Take Away Drink Cups - Rinse It
- Tin & Aluminum Cans / Tin Foil - Rinse It
- Empty Aerosol Cans
Glass, Styrofoam and Plastic Bags/ Overwrap is NOT part of the curbside recycling program. Please take those materials to your next depot site where bins are provided: Carney's Recycling Centre, 38950 Queensway (Carney’s Waste System) or Squamish Landfill Public Depot, Landfill Rd.
Where to Recycle What
Click on the image below to find out.
Curbside Collection Schedule Britannia Beach
Delays in Curbside Collection
Delays of your curbside residential collection may occur due to road closures, construction, or winter snow or icy conditions. Carney's Waste Systems staff will do their best to ensure regular collection schedules are maintained, however, if we are unable to service your totes on your regular collection day, collection will take place on the following day, or as soon as weather and road conditions allow.
Residents whose tote has not been serviced can put their totes out the following morning or leave the totes out overnight, however, if left out overnight, garbage totes must have the lid secured with the latches to prevent bears from accessing contents. Unlock the latches the following morning.
General Safety: As the waste collection carts are equipped with wheels, please use extra caution when wheeling them in snowy or icy conditions.
Contact Carney’s Waste Systems:
Phone: 604-892-5604 or email@example.com