ABS pipe, milk crates, most plastic toys, CD cases, etc. are NOT recyclable. No recycle symbol...not recyclable!
The future lies in the hands of our children. Leading by example as well as educating kids when they are young are the key to instilling best practices. We believe making it fun is a big part of this process and we have dedicated this page of our site to fun resources and activities that you can do with your children.
Get the schools involved!
Go to our School Outreach Program to find out how your kids classroom can be involved in recycling programs. The Recycling Council of BC has designed a fun and interactive program that offers:
· In Class Presentations
· Teachers Materials
· Student Handbooks
· AND Carney's can coordinate a class visit from our very own RECYCLE MAN!!
Here are some crafty educational activities.
Recycled Flower Pot- This green project keeps plastic milk jugs out of the landfill and provides and pretty and useful pot to plant flowers in. You will need the following:
- Plastic milk or juice jugs
- Fabric or scrapbook paper scraps
- Felt in coordinating colors
- Scissors or a craft knife
- White craft glue
- Potted flower
Download and print the instructions for making the flower pot.
Animal Jars - Recycle jelly and sauce jars to hold all your little toys, item, and coins. Give your glass a new lease on life by making these adorable animal buddy jars to display in your room! You will need the following:
- Clean, empty glass jars
- Felt, any color you like
- Pom poms (for noses)
- White craft glue
- Wiggle eyes
- Gesso (recommended: Liquitex Basics Gesso) or white craft paint
Download and print the instructions for making the animal jar.
Decorate a Compost Bin - You will need the following:
- 3-5 gallon plastic storage bin with lid
- Craft paint in bright colors
- Foam alphabet stamps (letters C, O, M, P, S, T)
- Foam leaf stamps
- Clear acrylic sealer spray
- Heavy-duty knife or power drill
Download and print the instructions for making the decorated compost bin.
More Online Activities To Do With Kids