CLEAN, large pieces of clear plastic sheets or bags from furniture can be put into the soft plastic bin.
Squamish Recycle Center
Address: 38950 Queens Way
Phone: (604) 892-5604
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
(Closed on Christmas Day and New Years Day)
*We are open to all local residents and small businesses.
What to Recycle Here?
- Corrugated Cardboard (small amounts in the bin out front and large trucks can dump in the big bay door after talking to an attendant inside).
- Paper & Newspaper & Magazines
- Tin & Aluminum
- Plastics with codes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Milk Jugs
- Styrofoam - white and colored - separate and clean
- Plastic Bags - gathered into one bag
- Food Scraps – designed for households only – i.e. max 2 gallons – Businesses must make separate arrangements with the office
- Household and Car Batteries
- Cell Phones
- Paint Household (empty or partly full paint cans)
- Hazardous Waste
*Please not that all recyclables must be rinsed out, lids removed and flattened if necessary!
Click here for a list of how to sort your recyclables and to check out what is Accepted and Not!!
What NOT to Recycle Here?
- Electronic Waste (Computers and Parts, TV's)
- Large Appliances/ Power Tools
- Light Bulbs
- Motor oil containers/ oil filters (car dealerships usually take this)
- Power Tools
- Refundable Bottles/ Containers
- Yard Waste